Saturday 5 April 2008

Want and Need situation!!!



A little want and need situation arose yesterday which has left me stressed today!! Let me explain.
I have been an apple mac user for many years and 18 months ago my DS bought me a super duper iMac which is the bees knees so I really don't NEED another computer.... but
I have been WANTING a laptop for some time so that I can keep up with all that is going on without having to shut myself away in my craft room. I didn't want to revert back to a PC and mac laptops are far to expensive for me to warrant buying one .
The company I work for sell all laptops onto staff when the 3 year leases are up, Geneen in marketing has a mac laptop one of the few that are used in our company and it was coming up for renewal and it was being sold on at a very good price. I was hoping Geneen would want to buy it because first option is always given to the user, but she didn't want it so it was mine if I decided to go ahead.
Well never being one to pass up a bargain I went for it!!!
Now normally it is just a case of putting a firewire cable from one mac to the other and transferring all the info which is what I did this afternoon but for some reason it only transferred some of the info onto the laptop.
I am OK when everything goes to plan with this computer stuff but when it goes "tits up" as they say then that's me done!!!
Luckily I have a very good friend who is an apple mac expert and he is going to sort it out for me tomorrow, but in the meantime this has completely killed my Mo Jo!!!!. I did make one card today but I am really not sure about it!!!
Thanks for listening to my tale of woe and if you have made it to the end well done I would have given up half way through LOL
Sue :o(


17 comments:

Natalie said...

Lovely card Sue, hope you get the mac situatiuon sorted soon and you can find your Mojo again. x

Debbie said...

Great Card Love the butterfly backing paper tilda looks so cute.
It sounds as if you have had a stressfull weekend so far.

ella bella said...

very pretty card love the stamp. hope you get the computer sorted out soon they are great when they are going ok but such a pain when not, i havnt got a clue about pc's leave it to my daughter lol. sure it will get sorted soon and it will be so fab having a laptop :) :)

Gina said...

great card, love the butterfly papers. It looks like I am not alone in computer problems then and the frustration when it does not work straight away. Hope you get it sorted out, so that you can get mobile
Gina xx

debby4000 said...

I hate PC cos I'm the only one in the house with a slight knowledge but didn't stop me yesterday messing up DD laptop now I need to found a man that can.
Mojo or not its a lovely card and good luck with the mac.

Manna said...

I hope you get it all sorted out soon! And your card is very lovely.

suzann said...

Oh, Suzanne, I feel your pain!! I also do great with a computer as long as there aren't any problems! But, let things start to go wrong and I just freak! Luckily, my DH is good at sorting out the problems.

Hope you get all the problems fixed soon and can enjoy it fully. I so understand about the laptop vs. PC. I love my laptop because it goes all over the house with me. Like you, I don't want to be tied down to the computer stuck in a room somewhere.

Deb said...

Very pretty card Sue, I hope you get your laptop sorted out tomorrow, it is frustrating isn't it?

Michelle Short said...

Sorry to hear of your laptop trouble. I have pretty much full control of my PC meaning no-one else hardly ever uses it but I would still like a laptop! Hope you get it all sorted soon. I think your card is very pretty.
I love the colour and great layout. Tilda on the embossed scalloped pabel looks so effective. Apart from your laptop I hope you have having a nice weekend! :0)

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card Suzanne, I love the colours and the embossing.
Hope you get your laptop sorted out soon.

Annie said...

hey, congratulations on getting the lap top - and it'll be up and running pdq! and you made a very pretty card with Tilda - and that is the folder that was OOS and I'm waiting for!

Ila said...

This card is So Cute and Gorgeous!!..I love the colors, backgrounds and your coloring!! Hope you get your puter problems sorted out!!

MichelleO said...

Really cute Tilda Card! Love how you scalloped the cuttlebug embossed paper!

Hope you get the computer problems fixed, and those nasty little green men that live in all of our computers didn't take you mojo for too long!

Jo said...

Good luck with your laptop Sue....I wouldn't be without mine. In fact, I'm sat in front of the TV now as I'm typing this!!

Maureen said...

well - I feel your pain too! So sorry to hear of your MAC woes...nothing is worse that having a puter poop out...no matter the reason...and it is soooo frustrating!! However - I am so glad you were able to get a laptop - and you know through all the problems it will finally settle down and you will be very happy - I can feel it in my bones!! by the way - too cute card for no mojo!!
((()))
maureen

Kristine said...

Oh, very cute!! I KNOW!! My computer is on the fritz too. I've been wanting a laptop too! Will have to save up, old puter will haveta do :(

Katie said...

I so know what you mean about computers and techie stuff. I desperately want to do a new header for my blog. It seems easy enough but the fear of it going 'tits up' (to use use your technical term) puts me off. Hope everything is sorted with your Mac.

Katie
x