Saturday 18 July 2009

Happy Birthday James!



My Nephew will be 13 next week, my brother and his family live on the Devon/Cornish boarder and James is a keen surfer.
Helen kindly sent me some of the new summer magnolias and this Edwin was amongst them.
I made this card for him but now I am having doubts because Hubby says it is too babyish!!!

It is so difficult with boys of this age and I am sure he will only be interested in the money inside anyway.
What do I do give in and go and BUY a card gosh that sounds like a dirty work!! or do I just give it to him and risk making him a laughing stock amongst his piers.

Thanks for looking Sue :o)

7 comments:

Jill said...

aww Sue, I think it's fab and very much for a teenager, your colouring is perfect. I would give this to your nephew as it's from the heart! thanks for your lovely comments about the kids hugs Jill xx

Wiccababe said...

I think its fab - don't buy a card, am sure he'll love it
Debz
xx

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card Suzanne,l love the image and papers.

Hugs Riet.x

Rach said...

your card is fabulous Sue, love the theme especially as james is a keen surfer.. i would send him it as it is personal and you won't get many cards that reflect what he loves doing so much in the shops.. i don't think that it is babyish.. hugs rachxx

Tracy said...

Aaw Sue it's a great card and the aim of a card is to let someone know you care, and the thought you've put into the card by doing something he loves like surfing will i'm sure make him happy.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Natalie said...

This is a great card Sue, I am sure he will love it. x

Jilli said...

I think its perfect Sue ... what do men know anyway?! Jillix