Saturday 16 August 2008

CCT Soft Furnishings



Challenge 23
This week the theme for the challenge is
Soft Furnishings
you can use fabric, ribbon, stitching, buttons etc, anything you can find on the soft furnishings in the home ie curtains, cushions, sofas etc.

I have used this K&CO silk ribbon which reminds me so much of my Grandmas Eiderdown (are you old enough to remember these). She used to have it on her bed all the time and in winter it was covered with a bedspread!!!

This is the first time I have used an A5 card for months at least I think that's the size and it really didn't feel right I do love my square ones.

The image is one sent to me by a friend.. I can't wait until we can start buying these little babies I just love them and the sentiment is stampabilities.

Thanks for looking Sue :o)

15 comments:

debby4000 said...

Lovely card, beautiful cute image. Wish they were available now this waiting is hard.

Natalie said...

This is lovely Sue, I cannot wait to buy these stamps too. I know what you mean about A5 cards, I make them every now and again but I don't like them as much as my square cards. x

Jilli said...

Beautiful card, love the colours

Manna said...

Lovely card! The ribbon is very pretty!

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Sue the colours are beautiful.
Hugs Debbie x

MichelleO said...

Very cute card, love these images too, and you have really colored it so perfectly.
HUGS
MichelleO

Ying Pang, said...

beautiful and sweet card!

Deb said...

beautiful card Sue, the image is adorable and the ribbon is so pretty! thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Unknown said...

Ohhh I remember eiderdowns VERY well. I have to use bought H&S images and also can't wait for them to finally get here! You've produced another fantastic card with yours Sue. It's gorgeous.
Viv xxx

Maria's Cards said...

This is a really pretty card Sue. I love the layout, colours and image. Your colouring is fab too.x

Annie said...

I know what you mean about sizes of cards - I've been cutting my A5 cards down to squares! gorgeous image and love that satin ribbon. annie x

Jill said...

aww Sue it's a gorgeous card, I just adore your colouring, it's fantastic, I know what you mean about A5, I've had to make 2 of these over the weekend for orders and I just don't like them. I love my 6 x 6 cards. Jill x

cats whiskers said...

Great Card love the colours and the image is really sweet
Hugs Jacqui x

Michelle Short said...

I can't wait to get my hands on some of these cuties too! Great card love the colours and the beautiful flowers and sentiment. I know what you mean about square cards, that is pretty much all I use these days! x

Leann said...

This is so sweet Sue, She's such a cutie!
My Nan still has her eiderdown! Yeah, & a bedspread... ;)